Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Episode 3, Part 2: Love Games or Cutthroat Competition?


Let the games begin because neither one of us is going down without a fight…


Chuck and Blair have been unknowingly set up by Georgina. Georgina gives an invitation to Blair inviting her to join a secret society. However, in order to join she has to get a certain picture from the Sotheby’s auction. Chuck, on the other hand, is trying to get a business deal to go through. The secretary (a friend of Georgina’s) tells him that in order to seal the deal he should impress her boss with a picture from her boss’s past. The picture is the exact same one that Blair is trying to obtain. Chuck and Blair both think that they desperately need the picture in order to reach their own goals. Instead of backing down, both of them face of in cutthroat competition in order to get the picture. I can honestly say that if I was in the same place as either Blair or Chuck that I would be the same way. I would want to get the picture to satisfy my own desires (which is basically the definition of selfishness). However, if someone I loved needed the picture I definitely think I would give up the picture for them. I would think that would be a small sacrifice to make for a loved one. In the end this is what happens with Blair and Chuck. They realize that they are more important to each other than any business deal or any secret society.


Sneak peak: In the next episode there is supposed to be a guest appearance by Hilary Duff. She is supposedly Vanessa’s roommate so she will be in multiple Gossip Girl episodes.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that I would do the same thing. I would think that I would make a sacrifice for someone I loved. However, I have never really been put in that situation before. I don't see myself as a selfish person and would hope that if the time came for me to sacrifice something I wanted for a person that I loved, I would do it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete